Friday, June 10, 2005

eu vou infartar (ler de baixo pra cima)



Subject:
IMPORTANT E-MAIL ------------- TWO QUESTIONS TO BE ANSWERED
Hi XXXX,
1)We are going to pattern on the ***QD sample*** on TUESDAY, as YYYY thinks that we should start with the ***QD sample***. This ***QD sample*** needs to have some crosses on MONDAY to be usable in Qbeam on TUESDAY; Will you put them or will I put them?????????????????? Please answer this specific question.

2)For the waveguide: YOU ARE RIGHT, I DO NOT HAVE AUTOCAD HERE, COULD YOU FIX IT PLEASE BY REMOVING ALL THE HOLES IN THAT LINE, ALL OF THEM?????????????


$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ DO NOT FORGET TO ANSWER THE ####TWO#### QUESTIONS INDICATED BY ?????? ABOVE$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Cheers, Clarice


(e-mail from XXXX to me)

Ok, this is what I also counted, just to make sure. I guess this is not that
important though. In your former device, the waveguide was not fully surrounded
by holes unlike here (left and right). So, I guess you will couple light from
the top and the waveguide is just some means of getting the cavities to
communicate. However, since you have fully surrounded the waveguide, it will
also act as a cavity in some extent, did you take that into account in your
simulation? I want to make sure this is correct before I build a new program
specifically for that geometry.
We can use my last spare chip with alignment marks for your device but you will
need to make quite a few chips with marks (as many as possible) in the future.
You will have to ask Gordon to train you on CUMMSIV (remember what David Hasko
said?), I can't validate your training. I will give you a few GaAs chips for
you, which you will have to clean/cover with A8/bake. Since alignment is not
critical for your device, you will also have to prepare the following alignment
marks instead:
Cross with length 40 um and width 5 um, one at each corner of a 400 by 400 um
field size and all marks have to be comprised within that field. You can put as
many set of crosses in a 4 by 4 mm field as possible (the realistic area where
you can put some patterns on a chip). You should also labell each set, as you
did for the smaller crosses. This will give you enough space to pattern a few
PhCs with different dose within the same field and to detect the marks easily.
This is for QB only. If Nanowriter is required, you will need smaller field
size and the smaller set of crosses that you already have in your file, and
pattern one device at a time.
Also please get your job file ready and also send it to me. I will have to help
people cleaning the laser lab on Tuesday since this was planed weeks before.
Hopefully, I should managed to be free for 1 hour between 2 and 5pm to assist
you with QB.

Cheers,

XXXX.




On Jun 10 2005, C. Demarchi-Aiello wrote:

> Hi XXXX,
>
> 51 in y (vertical)
> 100 in x (horizontal)
>
> AND WHO PATTERNS THE CROSSES?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clarice
>
>
>
> On Jun 10 2005, XXXX wrote:
>
> > Hi Clarice,
> >
> > Can you please tell me how many lattice in x and how many in y
> > directions? there seems to be quite a lot. By the way, there is no need
> > to forward to YYYY this kind oi work but keep your progress report for
> > the Tuesday meetings.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > XXXX.
> >
> > On Jun 10 2005, C. Demarchi-Aiello wrote (with copy to the big boss):
> >
> > > Hi XXXX,
> > >
> > > 1) Attached is the autocad file you requested. Shall we need to pattern
> > > alignment crosses, we can use those in the floppy that I gave you last
> > > week. Observation: you asked for a bigger pattern to avoid proximity
> > > effects - I have made a 51 x 100 pattern.
> > >
> > > 2) I booked Qbeam for TUESDAY 2-5pm. Let me know in case it does not
> > > suit you.
> > >
> > > 3) For the alignment crosses, three options: A) I pattern them
> > > optically on Monday B) You pattern them using CUMS 4 (which I have not
> > > been trained to use) C) We pattern them on TUESDAY, during the Qbeam
> > > time slot.
> > >
> > > Please answer: 1) How you want to handle the alignment crosses problem?
> > > 2) If you have any more task for me.
> > >
> > > Thanks, and best wishes,
> > >
> > > Clarice
> >
> >
>

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home